There are 2 paid interns going for the IMO for the summer for Swansea students and alumni.
More details on Swansea Employability Academy
Engineering Virtual Reality Assistant
As a VR assistant in the College of Engineering, you will provide support and research development to the college of engineering’s Immersive Media Observatory. The role will involve the following work:
- Providing tours to the Immersive Media Observatory
- Maintain state of IMO resources (keeping the room clear, keeping device cable tidy, devices charged when not in use and keeping software up to date)
- Updating website IMO website and related online systems with relevant tutorials (video & text) and content (reviews, news and open source content)
- Support to lectures project content where possible.
- Support to industry project content where possible.
This role will require undertaking e-learning to become a VR developer to be able to support the project. The successful applicant will therefore have the opportunity to use:
- Unity3d and be able deploy apps to:
- Android : S7, VRGear, Cardboard, Moverio
- SteamVR: Vive
- VRTK (Virtual Reality Tool Kit)
In addition to this, as a personal Project, you will be assigned a project to help expand the current demands of the IMO. Projects cross referenced skill set of the employee, will be based around:
- VR Locomotion
- Data visualisation
- Alterative Control Devices
- Mixed Reality
- Lidar data
- Spatial Mapping
- Internal positioning system
- Simulation Visualisation.